Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- I’ve really enjoyed having these weekly updates this year. They’re a great way of sharing stuff I wouldn’t ordinarily put on the blog. Starting next year, though, I’m going to adopt a different schedule that I think (I hope) will work better for me after the big change coming this spring.
- One week from today, Christmas – for better or worse – will be over! I really hate how something that should be a happy time is overshadowed by all the stress that goes along with it. I guess that’s true of a lot of things, though. Planning a wedding, for example. Or having a baby. Or… (this one gets its own bullet…)
- … when your best friend gets engaged (!!!) and asks you to be her matron of honor (!!!) and her wedding is two months after your due date (?!?!). Lots of conflicting feelings between excitement and being happy for her and all the logistics of “okay, how is this even going to work?” She’s not expecting much from me other than being there for the day, but just thinking about a dress and travel and leaving the baby is more than enough to stress me out.
- After yesterday’s post, I’m a quarter of the way through the ITW Must-Reads list. (A little more, actually, since I’ve been reading ahead to give myself a buffer.) It’s weird to think that, if I stick to my average of one a month, I won’t be finished for another six years! I always knew this was a long-term project, but it’s still sort of mind-boggling to look that far ahead.
- Stupid as it is, I love when things come to Netflix that I already own. I’m always thinking, “Oh good, I’ve been meaning to watch that, but never had the motivation to actually pull out the DVD.” On the other hand, I’m always sad when something leaves Netflix, whether I own it or not.
- Speaking of Netflix, I’m still totally addicted to Parks and Recreation, and I’m so excited that the final season is only a month away… and that they’re super-condensing the already shortened season over a period of only seven weeks! Which means I can enjoy the finale without being distracted by a new baby! (Not that that was a huge concern or anything, in the grand scheme of things… but it crossed my mind.) Seriously, I feel like the Season 6 finale would have been a great end to the series on its own, but I can’t wait to finally watch a season as it airs, especially since they’re catering to my natural binge-watching tendency.
- I have yet to see any of the movies so I’m not sure what my opinion is worth, but I fully support this alternate The Hobbit that could have been.
Share some of your randomness this week!