Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- New Orleans was a lot of fun, and a lot of great food, but also a lot of walking. I pampered myself with a foot massage and pedicure when I got back. It was glorious. If I ever became rich, more spa days would be the first luxury I’d add to my life.
- The biggest downside to the trip is that apparently Louisiana couldn’t actually decide on a senator back in November, so they had another election December 6th… meaning the whole time we were there, we were once again subjected to political ads any time we turned on the TV.
- There were a lot of blog posts waiting for me when I got back from New Orleans, but this one was my favorite: Our Geeky New York City Bookstore Wedding
- Our cat Sammy isn’t doing so well. This is the one we adopted almost a year ago. We’re not exactly sure how old he is, but I’m guessing around 15. He’s been mostly healthy, although he has a sensitive stomach. But the latest thing is his vision seems to be going. His eyes are constantly dilated (he’s always had wide eyes, but not like this, at least not all the time). He’s also been a lot more hesitant in his movements and occasionally running into things. We didn’t notice anything before we left… but after being gone for a week and a half, it’s suddenly really obvious he’s having issues. I don’t know if it was a sudden change, or something that had been progressing slowly and just ramped up while we were gone. He has a vet appointment tomorrow, so we’ll see what they say. But it’s probably just that he’s getting old.
- Less than two weeks till Christmas and the only gifts I have are for my two nieces. I fail at buying presents for adults.
- I finally watched Love Actually this week. I was going to watch it the day before we left for Thanksgiving/vacation and kick off my Christmas a little early, but I was just too busy. I love this movie. I know a lot of people don’t, and they think every single relationship in it is unhealthy and flawed… but I can’t help it. I just love how it’s a celebration of all different kinds of love – romantic love, familial love, platonic love, old love, new love, awkward love, innocent love… and, yes, ridiculous movie love. I won’t try to convince anyone who feels differently, but to me, it is perfect. (Except for Mia. I hate that bitch.)
Share some of your randomness this week!