Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- I was going to write another post this week… and then I didn’t. Whoops.
- The battery for my laptop has been slowly dying, so I spent this past week tied to a power outlet… which really wasn’t that terrible. Mobility is a nice perk, but not usually necessary when I’m at home. What did weird me out is that once I took out my battery (to conserve the little bit of it that still works until I get a new one), my screen kept doing weird things. It’s always dimmed a bit when it’s on battery, to conserve power. But now it keeps flashing between the normal and dimmer brightness levels. Not to the point where it’s giving me a headache or anything, just every once in a while. I’m just not sure why it thinks anything is changing.
- I’m kind of bummed that my write-in vote for The Farm didn’t come to anything, in either of the awards I mentioned last week. Shannon didn’t have a mystery/thriller category, so I nominated it in general fiction but wasn’t surprised it didn’t have the votes to move on. But I really thought it deserved to be in the GR awards; I liked it more than any of the other mystery/thriller nominees I’ve read, and I heard enough hype around it when it came out that I would have expected it to have more support.
- We haven’t been hit as hard as our northern neighbors, but it’s been snowing at least a little every day this week. I actually like flurries though. We get the charm of snow without that nasty accumulation. Though I do wish the weather could at least wait until Thanksgiving to start wintering it up, if it can’t wait until actual winter.
- My brother turns 26 on Sunday. For several years there, I was way more freaked out at the rate he was aging than I was, but I think I’ve finally reached the point where his birthdays don’t make me feel any older than my own. (Just in time for me to have a kid whose birthdays can start freaking me out… I guess there always has to be something.)
- Don’t forget to vote in the semifinal round of Shannon’s Book Blogger Top Picks of 2014! You have another whole week before the field is narrowed down for the finals.
Share some of your randomness this week!