Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- Yes, my random weekly round-up is back! And since this is my first one since going “internet public” with my pregnancy, let me assure my readers, I will make a concerted effort not to make these weekly updates all about baby stuff.
- On a totally-not-baby-related note, we’re planning our final pre-baby vacation – the week after Thanksgiving we’re going to New Orleans! I should be in the sweet spot of my pregnancy and able to get the most out of it. So if you have any tips for things we need to see or places we need to eat while we’re there, lay ’em on me!
- In light (or dark?) of Halloween, Joe Hill writes about what makes horror so great… Peering into the Darkness.
- Interesting interview with Colby Marshall about synesthesia and her new book, Color Blind.
- There’s only one more day before open voting closes on Shannon’s Book Blogger Top Picks of 2014! If you haven’t voted yet, make sure your favorites are represented!
- It’s also time for those other awards, and I’ve just realized… I’m not sure there’s a point in doing anything other than write-ins in the first round. All books that are in the first round will still be there in the second round. Do their votes from the first and second rounds get added together? If so, that seems unfair to the write-ins that will get added in the second round… but if not, then the only point to the first round is gathering five new write-in nominees.
- Sadly, it was really refreshing not to have a Bears game last weekend. I’m not much looking forward to Sunday’s game against the Packers… or the rest of the season, for that matter. Unless they made some major progress over the bye week, all we fans have ahead of us is frustration.
Share some of your randomness this week!