Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- This is going to be my last Bookish Thoughts for a while, since next month Fridays will be devoted to Fright Fest weekly check-ins! (And yeah, I could move this meme to another day, but I’m old and set in my ways… and it’s not like I’ve had much to say lately anyway.)
- Speaking of which, if you haven’t signed up for my October read-along yet, check it out! I’ll be reading all the old Fear Street books I loved as a kid, but any books that fit the creepy/nostalgic theme of the event are welcome!
- Saw an article this week that claims, “young adult fiction is loved because it speaks to us all…” Umm, false. (Unless by “all” you mean “all the people who like YA.” In which case… well, duh.) The article has some good points, but their argument would be a lot stronger if the headline wasn’t a lie. Though I suppose I shouldn’t expect anything else in the age of clickbait.
- As I mentioned a couple days ago, I’m going to the symphony tomorrow! This shouldn’t be nearly as exciting as it is (if for no other reason than that I should never have let so much time pass since the last time I’ve gone).
- Sunday is the first Bears/Packers game of the season. We’ll be spending it with a Packer fan friend of ours (yes, Bear fans and Packer fans can be friends, unnatural though it may seem) who always likes to host one of the match-ups. Bear Down!
- The Iowa City Book Festival is next weekend. I had toyed with the idea of going, just to see what it was like. There wasn’t really anything specific drawing me there. But we’re going to be heading out of town (in the opposite direction) next weekend, so I guess that plan(-that-was-never-really-a-plan) is moot.
- Finally, I joined Instagram last week. Like all my social media, it’s not a blog-specific account, but another way to get a peek at my (oh so interesting) life, full of random tidbits I might not share here.
Share some of your randomness this week!