Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- Bloggiesta is going well so far. Yesterday I knocked off four of the seven items on my list (all the easy ones, of course). I also drafted two reviews, plus did two other random things that weren’t on my list. I’m hoping to finish up the reviews today, so I can let them sit and then polish them up on Sunday and actually call them done.
- Speaking of Bloggiesta, it drives me crazy when a sign-up linky specifically says, “link directly to your sign-up post,” and people don’t. Not every event asks for this, but when they do, I kind of assume that when I’m clicking on a link I’m going to the relevant post. This and captcha are the bane of my existence during events like this.
- Speaking of sign-ups that don’t specifically ask for a sign-up post, Dewey’s Read-a-Thon is coming! I was sort of on the fence about participating again, but I don’t have a reason not to… I just can’t be pushing myself like I did last time. Whatever time I’m awake is when I’ll be participating. I might (let me stress the might) set my alarm so I can kick off the event. I might (another big might) set my alarm the following day so I can be up for the final hour… or maybe half hour… if I go to bed at a reasonable time. I will absolutely not be staying up crazy late or waking up after only a couple hours’ nap.
- Speaking of sleep (wow, this is just the week of segues apparently), I’ve been sleeping terribly lately. Yesterday morning I slept through about 45 minutes of my alarm without even being slightly aware of it (and that was after going to bed at a reasonable time the night before) and this morning wasn’t much better. Crazy dreams, too. I miss normal sleep.
- Speaking of… nope, I’ve got nothing. Sorry.
Share some of your randomness this week!