Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- ComicCon is this weekend! And, according to the world of Mira Grant, this is the year it gets overrun with zombies. Since we haven’t seen any signs of them so far, we’re probably safe… but if you’re in San Diego this weekend, you might want to keep an extra eye out.
- Today marks four weeks until my brother’s wedding! I’m way more stressed about it than I should be, but I can’t help it… this is the first wedding I’ve been in since my own. I’m torn between wanting to know exactly what plans are (where do I need to be and when and with what…) and not wanting to bug the bride.
- I mentioned a while ago that I was learning Italian, and – as I suspected – my early enthusiasm has waned. I’m now in a sort of holding pattern, doing just one review exercise each day to keep my daily streak going. Which is better than dropping it completely, I suppose. And it’s not like I’m going to Italy any time soon, this is just for me. So… holding pattern it is.
- Actual bookish news… we get a new S.J. Watson book next year! Before I Go to Sleep was an instant favorite when I read it a couple years ago, so I’m super excited to get another psychological thriller from him.
- Humor is pretty much always the best response to a mass amount of people getting angry. At least humor can be used to start a conversation, whereas getting angry is pretty much just all about the anger. So I especially liked this post from The Bloggess.
- I’ve been taking a break from NetGalley, mainly because I was having trouble with my e-reader for so long. I’ve still been checking in now and then, keeping an eye out in case something I already want to read pops up, but I haven’t been browsing like I used to. I have to say… I don’t really miss it. There’s already so much I want to read without worrying about books that aren’t out yet. Sometimes I wonder if I should give it up completely. After all, even the books I’m already looking forward to, sometimes getting them ahead of time feels like a curse rather than a blessing… I can’t gush with people if I love it… and if I’m underwhelmed, I don’t want to bring down other people’s excitement.
- Finally… a dog that was raised by cats! Some of these aren’t really cat-specific behaviors (the odd sleeping positions, for example). But some of the pictures are super cute. I especially like the paws folded underneath – my cat sits like this all the time, all legs hidden, he’s just a torso with a head – and the box pictures.
Share some of your randomness this week!