Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- It’s Friday the 13th! Since I got married on a Friday the 13th, each one sort of feels like a mini-anniversary.
- My Kobo conked out a month and a half ago, and my situation has finally been resolved… ish. I’ll discuss it in detail some other time, but the basic gist is, their customer service has been greatly responsive in not at all fixing my problem (which I highly suspect is actually their problem). But at least now I’m not-reading on a newer model ereader, so… that’s something, right?
- I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 last night, in 3D. This is, I believe, the third movie I’ve ever seen in 3D… and probably the last. If a group is going and insisting on 3D, I think I’m just going to pass from now on. Not worth the extra price of the ticket, not worth the potential headaches. And even when it’s not bugging me and I can appreciate it, it still doesn’t enhance the movie for me. It’s a novelty, but… I’d rather just watch the movie.
- (Oh, speaking of the movie, it was good… but not as good as the first one.)
- I just discovered Leafmarks. I must be crazy to think about adding another bookish social media site, but this one looks like it has all the functionality of Goodreads, but it’s an independent site for readers (you know, like GR used to be before it got so commercialized). So basically, it’s exactly what I want… or it would be, if all my Goodreads friends followed me there.
- You should check out the Summer Library Challenge if you haven’t already. This week’s challenge is to find out where your library is on social media and follow them… which I already do (Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, a blog… they’re on other sites, too, but these are the ones I use).
Share some of your randomness this week!