Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- First, my Armchair BEA Giveaway is running through tomorrow. You can continue earning bonus entries for commenting both here and on other blogs, so be sure to check it out!
- I’ve done NO reading this week! None! It’s been all ABEA, all the time! Which is… I mean, yay for fun blogging events, but… I miss reading!
- While putting together my Top Ten Tuesday list this week, I realized an interesting contradiction about myself… I hate spoilers, and yet there are a surprising number of books I enjoy more as re-reads, going into them knowing how things turn out. But the difference is, I still want to experience the book for myself first. I don’t want to have that stolen from me.
- I’ve been thinking… you always hear “turn off captcha for this week” leading up to big blogging events, but I don’t know how I feel about that anymore. Yeah, it’s better for encouraging conversation, but that’s the case all the time, and I think I’d rather know right away which blogs use it. I can’t help wondering about every new Blogger blog I’ve come across this week whether or not I’m going to go back next week and find they’ve turned captcha back on.
- I feel like a lot of what I’ve been writing this week is, “Well, I don’t have much to say about this topic…” and then proceeding to say a bunch of stuff. But, we’ve finally reached the topic that I have so little to say about that I’m skipping it altogether, and that’s MG/YA. (Though I do have my “Topic of Choice” post coming up later today.)
- I found out last weekend that my brother and his fiancée are planning to move to Texas! Not right away, but… this is still rather distressing news! I’ve never lived more than a few hours’ drive from my family, so I’m having a bit of trouble adjusting to this idea.
- Tomorrow is a momentous day… I’m meeting someone from the internet! (Tif, I apologize in advance for my awkwardness.)
Share some of your randomness this week!