Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- The NFL Draft started last night! This is actually only mildly exciting for me, since I don’t watch college football and have no clue who any of these guys are. Still… it’s nice to see our team working on improving (if only on paper for now). Plus, it’s one step closer to the season starting.
- Goodreads has this annoying thing where, if you’re a “fan” of an author, and then that author joins Goodreads, you’re automatically following their reviews. Umm… I don’t care about their reviews. I mark them as a favorite author more so other readers can see it than for any other reason. It took a couple times for me to realize what was happening, why I was suddenly following people that I know I never signed up to follow. I’m sure some readers appreciate it… but I’m sure there’s a good chunk of us who don’t. Let me know they joined, give me the option of following them, but stop making decisions for me!
- If there’s a downside to not being on FB anymore, it’s not being able to crowdsource my college choirmates to figure out what that one song was that we sang that one time that’s now randomly stuck in my head. But I’ve been off FB for months and this is the first time I’ve actually missed it.
- I only have two more Sunday afternoons at the library before they change hours for the summer… but the last one will be the last day of Bout of Books. So it should be a good day.
- I’m going to be in a wedding in three and a half months. I should probably start making the effort now to stop biting my nails.
Share some of your randomness this week!