For 24 hours, we read books, post in our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers’ blogs. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day and win prizes. In recent years, this event has grown to encompass Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other channels as well!
– From the Read-a-Thon FAQ
Wow, I can’t believe we’re already halfway there!
(Whoa-oh! Livin’ on a prayer!)
(Okay, not really.)
1. What are you reading right now?
Still working on Wit’ch Fire. I have to say, I kind of thought I’d at least be done with the first book by now… I guess I took more breaks than I’d expected to.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I’ve finished two, read parts of two others, and spent some time listening to yet another.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I really want to spend some quality time with Hyperbole and a Half.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I did go to the library, just to keep myself focused and distraction-free for as long as possible.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
None so far!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How fast it feels like it’s going! I was afraid the day was going to drag, but it’s not at all! (Not yet, anyway…)
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I can’t think of anything!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Aside from wearing sneakers so I don’t give myself blisters walking to lunch and back… I wouldn’t change a thing!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
My contacts are starting to bug me, so it may be time to switch to glasses.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I definitely like doing re-reads. I’ll probably stick with that in the future.
So, there ya go, short and sweet. I’ll probably have more to say when it’s all over.
Now, back to reading!