Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- Sooo… I might not be doing the read-a-thon after all. A friend went into the hospital yesterday. I’m not sure how serious it is, but we might be taking an impromptu trip out of town. I hope not – for multiple reasons – but we’ll have to see.
- I created my own custom search engine on Google. I was inspired by this book blogs search. It hasn’t been updated in about a year, but I loved the idea, so I just made my own based on blogs I follow. I’m not sure how much I’ll use it, but I like that I have it, and that I can update and customize it however I want.
- Apparently, Amazon has created their own Top 100 Mysteries and Thrillers list. I was browsing through it the other day. There’s quite a bit of overlap with the ITW list I’m working off of (which is to be expected), but the Amazon list has a lot more recent titles on their list… so perhaps more accessible? ITW’s list reads like an evolution of the thriller starting in ancient times, whereas Amazon’s is more, “If you want something entertaining, here you go.”
- I’ve loved vodka sauce ever since I first tried it… but I’ve only recently discovered how easy it is to make from scratch! This is seriously dangerous. I do not need any more incentive to eat lots of pasta. But this recipe with penne, Italian sausage, and vodka sauce is my new favorite thing ever.
- In other health-related news, I’m having some testing done at the doctor on Monday, because I’m 30 and have never really had a complete medical workup. I felt very adult when I set this up… but I have no clue what I’m actually being tested for, so… maybe not quite there on the “adult” thing.
Share some of your randomness this week!