Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- I ran to the library really quick yesterday to pick up a hold that was about to expire. Holds are good for a week, which is perfect for me since I typically go once a week, but of course last weekend we were out of town. But it’s a good thing I had that hold to pick up, because otherwise I probably would have entirely forgotten that this Sunday they’re closed for Easter! Not that I didn’t know it was Easter, but since we were just visiting family last weekend we decided to stay at home this time around, so I just put it out of my mind that this was anything but a normal weekend!
- Another thing that happened yesterday… I got some unexpected kitty snuggles! Slider, our first cat, used to spend a good amount of time in my lap. (Always when I was trying to read or use the computer, obviously.) But the new one has sort of commandeered that spot. So yesterday, I’m on my laptop and a cat worms his way into the small amount of space available, nothing out of the ordinary… but I suddenly realize that it’s a hefty cat and not a scrawny one! This is probably only the second time Slider’s come onto my lap since we brought Sammy home. He does still like me!
- I’m still on the fence about the read-a-thon next week (which pretty much means that I’ve decided to sign up but haven’t done it yet). I just know I’m going to feel awkward if I end up reading for only four hours.
- Am I the only one who doesn’t like reading reviews for books in a series? If the blogger gives it a high rating (another reason I like when bloggers include a rating, it’s helpful for reviews I’m purposely avoiding) then I’ll go look up the first book and see if it’s one I might like. But I don’t want to read the review, because I don’t want to know anything about the earlier books, and while most bloggers are pretty good about including spoiler warnings for the book they’re reviewing, it seems like spoilers for earlier books might come with a warning or might not. So I just assume they’re there and steer clear.
- That’s all I’ve got. Apparently it’s been a slow week.
Share some of your randomness this week!