Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- Sunday is my wedding anniversary… seven years!!! It really doesn’t feel like it’s been that long. Of course, I’m still in denial that I’ve been out of school for almost eight.
- Trish and Chelsea’s Back to the Favorites re-read-a-thon started yesterday. I’m kind of bummed this is going to be a busy weekend for me (not only is it our anniversary, but we’re heading out of town to visit our families for the first time since New Year’s, including a birthday party for our two-year-old almost-niece… all of which is great, it’s just the timing). I could really use a good excuse to lock myself away with some old favorites, but I’ll do what I can between now and Monday.
- Today’s BTTF discussion topic: do I ever feel differently about a book on a re-read? Yes, though usually not significantly. I’ve been known to change my ratings on re-reads… most often I’m raising 4’s up to 5’s, because I didn’t give the book enough credit the first time around, or because it just took some time to realize how much I loved it. (Case in point: I’ve Got Your Number.) But I don’t think I’ve ever looked back on a favorite and thought, why did I like this?
- Thriller Award nominations are out! I still haven’t read any of last year’s winners (I especially like to check out the winner for Best First Novel). Guess I’d better get on that…
- Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon is in two weeks. I’ve never done it before. I’m toying with the idea of participating this time. I will most certainly not be reading for a whole 24 hours. I’m definitely more of a fan of multi-day events, so I don’t feel all the pressure at any one time. (Yeah, I know, it’s supposed to be fun, no pressure, blah blah blah… but if I’m not pushing myself, then it’s pretty much just a Saturday, isn’t it?)
- Next week is National Library Week! I wanted to do a week of posts celebrating it – you know how much I love the library – but I couldn’t think of enough to say. So I’ll just stick with, “libraries are awesome.”
- If you’re feeling especially geeky or nostalgic today (or even if you’re not…) you should read The Most Epic Blanket Fort and the Nerdy Love Story That Made It So.
Share some of your randomness this week!