Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- In case you missed it, I’m running a giveaway for my blogiversary this month! Be sure to visit the sign-up post for all the details.
- I kind of feel like screaming lately. Don’t ask why. I don’t know why. And that’s all I have to say on that subject.
- We got our bikes back! I honestly didn’t think that would happen. Turns out the guy who stole them thought they belonged to some tenants who’d skipped out but left most of their stuff behind. Why he made that leap when there are five other occupied apartments in this building, I don’t understand. And he was too much of a chicken shit to come clean when the property manager asked everyone about it last week. But whatever. He’s been fired, and we have our bikes again. Huzzah!
- It’s finally spring! Normally I prefer winter to summer; it’s not that I love winter, just a lesser of two evils kind of thing. But this winter… this winter was the most evily evil to ever evil! Bring on spring! (Even though I probably only have about two months before I start complaining that it’s too hot…)
- The new evidence found this week for the Big Bang is cool and all… but seeing it as “Breaking News” in my Twitter feed feels a little odd. “Breaking News: That thing we already believe is true is now even more likely to be true!”
- I read two Stephen King books for King’s March. I’m not sure if I’ll get to the third one, but either way, it was the kick in the pants I needed to start in on King’s backlist again.
- Next week is Bloggiesta! I’ll be figuring out my to-do list and posting my official sign up next week. This will be my first real bloggiesta… I did a mini once and didn’t get much done. I was excited to try a full one… until I realized that the full one was only one extra day. This time they added a fourth day, so I decided to give it another shot. Personally, I would love a week-long event, but at least this way I get Thursday and Friday before the weekend kills my productivity.
- The third round of the Dubuque Tournament of Books is over! It took us a while to get there, but I’m quite thrilled with how our write-up came out. Visit the library blog to find out which book my group picked for the final round… and the book it will go up against.
Share some of your randomness this week!