Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- In case you missed it, I’m running a giveaway for my blogiversary this month! Be sure to visit the sign-up post for all the details.
- As you may have seen on Twitter, our bikes were stolen last weekend. Which sucks. We kept them chained in the little area underneath the stairs of our apartment complex (which, unfortunately, doesn’t have a lock to get into the building). They’ve been fine for three years, but this is something I’ve been worried about pretty much from day one. So… whether we get our bikes back somehow or file a claim and replace them… this could easily happen again… unless we manage to make room for two bikes in our fairly modest apartment. Or do we just say, no more bikes until we have a house and a garage to store them? Life sucks.
- I read my first graphic novel this week! (Or is it a collection of comics? I dunno, sj has confuzzled me…)
- I read this post last week – Dear society: kids cry, deal with it. Dear parents: kids cry, stop bringing them to grown-up movies – and I feel like it really sums it all up. As someone who’s currently on one side of the issue but plans to someday be on the other side, I found myself nodding along with the whole thing. Yes, some people seem to think that kids should never ever leave the house until they’ve learned how to behave in society (how they’re expected to learn that while living as a hermit is never explained), but I also feel like a lot of parents are either clueless or are purposely passive aggressive toward the first group by letting their kids be loud in any situation.
- I always loved Asti’s weekly roundups… and now that she’s co-blogging with two other bloggers, the list last week was massive! A week later and I’m still skimming through it! (Which means, since the list actually spanned two weeks of posts, that in some cases I’m commenting on posts that are going on three weeks old. Do you find it odd when you get comments on older posts? Or are you just like, bring on the comments!)
- Don’t undermine your comment with a plug. ‘Nuff said.
- Actually, not enough said. I’ve been thinking on this (what, did I ever give the impression I let things go?) and I do plan to update my comment policy. But, I think instead of deleting these comments altogether, I’ll add some kind of “shameless plug” badge to the comment… as well as change the link to a Rick-roll. Or something even better. Suggestions are welcome.
- The second round of the Dubuque Tournament of Books is over! Who made the final four?
Share some of your randomness this week!