Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- My one year blogiversary is coming up! Huzzah! I have something special planned, and a rare weekend post scheduled for tomorrow to tell you all about it. So stay tuned!
- I try so so hard not to complain about winter, because I truly don’t like summer and I hate all the “just wait until…” comments when I complain about the heat… but DAMN I am ready for this winter to be over!
- I often feel like I have to defend the fact that I mostly don’t care for YA. I mean… I read some YA… in small doses… and I’ve even enjoyed some of it… but on the whole it’s just not for me. It’s definitely not something I could read all the time. But I don’t want to be lumped in with people who look down on adults who enjoy YA, especially in the wake of the whole “it’s a shame so many adults read Harry Potter” nonsense. (Sorry if you don’t know what that’s from, but I’m so not linking and giving it more traffic. Just trust me. It’s as ridiculous as it sounds, and the sourest case of sour grapes you’ve ever heard.)
- I always hear about people grabbing little snatches of time for reading, and it’s just never made much sense to me. Five minutes here, two minutes there… yes, it all adds up, but to me it’s not even worth it. I know other people’s lives are much busier than mine, and maybe I’ll change my tune in the future, but I’m not reading just to get through the words and find out what happens. If it were a matter of reading in small doses that add up to a couple hours, or just taking a twenty minute chunk of my day to devote to reading and that’s all I got… I’d take the twenty minutes. And if my life is ever such where I can’t even find twenty minutes to call my own, I think I’ll have bigger problems than not getting to read.
- The vast majority of my comments are great. Why am I letting myself be bothered by the occasional thoughtless comment? (And even these are, of course, far better than malicious comments, of which I don’t think I’ve ever gotten any here…)
- It only took a month and a half (on top of the four years I kept saying “I should watch this” and never did), but I finally finished the first season of Star Trek: The Original Series. Two more to go… plus four more series… and a bunch of movies… (*sigh*) It’s good, though. It took me a few episodes to get used to the older style (of everything, really… the sets, the acting, etc… it feels a lot more like watching live theatre than contemporary TV) but after thirty episodes, it’s all quite familiar now. Looking forward to diving into season two.
Share some of your randomness this week!