Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- Yeah, I got pretty much none of my Not-A-Bloggiesta goals done this week. Whoops. I made the graphic and finished yesterday’s post (which had been half-written for weeks anyway). And I did submit that guest post. And… that’s it. Fail.
- This week’s HIMYM episode was a perfect way to celebrate the 200th. We get one more next week, then a two week break for the Olympics, and then just six more weeks until this wedding weekend that won’t end finally ends. I’m actually writing a post for my personal blog on my reaction the season so far (figures that as soon as I dedicate myself to working on this blog, I suddenly can’t wait to write for my other one).
- Super Bowl on Sunday! Who are you cheering for? (Or do you just watch for the commercials… or not at all?)
- I read a review yesterday that just casually dropped a spoiler, or at least that’s what it seemed like to me. Not having read the book, I don’t know, maybe the thing that was revealed is mentioned on the very first page. But it’s not in the blurb, and it wasn’t actually discussed in the review… so why mention it at all? This wasn’t a book I was super excited about, but I’d seen it a couple places and was thinking about adding it to my TBR, and now I’m leaning more toward not. And the frustrating thing is that I really don’t know if I’ve been spoiled or not! But I feel like I have, and that’s what sticks.
- Crazy cat lady update! Slider and Sammy have been together for a month now. We still keep them separated at night and when they’re home alone, but as long as one of us is here and awake, they both have the run of the apartment and only ever get into minor scuffles… usually when Slider wants to play and Sammy’s being a grumpy old man cat. (We’re not sure how old he is, but I met his previous owner 13 years ago, and I’m 99% sure his family already had Sammy.) Anyway, here’s a picture of them being cute and not fighting.
Share some of your randomness this week!