The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
- time spent reading: 2 hours (total: 17 hours)
- pages read: 177 (total: 1447)
- completed Lost in a Good Book (total books read: 4)
- completed Bookish Wedding Challenge at Harley Bear Book Blog
I had two goals for today – do the final challenge, and finish my fourth book – and I managed to complete both of them! Huzzah! A great final day to Bout of Books!
Bookish Wedding Challenge:
Melissa’s challenge was a tough one for me because I’ve never really been into the whole “book boyfriend” thing. But since I’ve done every other challenge this week, I couldn’t not do this one. Here’s my response:
1. Which fictional character would you marry?
Dan from Doctor Sleep
2. Who would be your Maid of Honor or Best Man?
Franny from Someday, Someday, Maybe
3. Which fictional world would you want to get married in?
at The Night Circus
4. Who would you pick to play the music at your wedding?
The Weird Sisters from the Harry Potter series
5. Who would be your photographer?
Clare from The Time Traveler’s Wife
6. Who would you sit at the singles table (and hope they’d fall in love)?
Margaret from The Thirteenth Tale and Paul from Misery
7. Who would be your flower girl or ring bearer?
Princess Elizabeth from The Boleyn Inheritance
8. Who would you want to plan the bachelorette/bachelor party?
Seichan from the Sigma Force series
9. At the wedding, who would be the first on the dance floor?
Scarlett from Gone with the Wind
10. Who would give a speech or toast?
Pendergast from the Pendergast series
11. Who would catch the boquet or garter?
Poppy from I’ve Got Your Number
So, how did I do this Bout of Books?
- read four books (plus one DNF)
- took part in all three Twitter chats
- completed all challenges
The one thing I didn’t really do a ton of this time around was commenting on other blogs, which is a shame… but we can’t do it all, right? Flailing, not failing! (I absolutely love Amanda’s new catchphrase for Bout of Books.)
How did everyone else do? Did you meet all your goals?