Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. I’ve done this a couple times, but in the new year I plan to make it a regular thing.
- First things first: new blog design! Well, sort of. I just changed the background and the banner, since those are the things I can do without paying WordPress real life money. (And, as you can see, I’m going to create coordinating headers where appropriate.) I considered updating to a new theme because it seems like most people don’t like light text on dark background, but I couldn’t find any other designs that worked for me. They don’t feel like my blog. This one does.
- I’m still behind on replying to blog comments. I know. I’m sorry. I have so many to catch up on, and I can only do so many at a time or I feel like I’m giving canned responses. But I’ll get to yours soon, I promise.
- Christmas morning is way more fun with a little one.
- I got one book for Christmas – Innocent Blood by James Rollins & Rebecca Cantrell. Yes, I just read it, but I was going to buy my own copy anyway. I also got a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble, but the store by my parents was way too crowded, and I don’t have one by me, so online shopping it is.
- Eight people is too many for one house. Or at least it’s too many for a three-bedroom/one-and-a-half-bathroom house.
- Full house or not, I think a week and a half is stretching my limits for time spent out of town. I’m getting old and crotchety and just want to stay at home. (A week and a half is also stretching my limit for time without wifi… so much for old and crotchety.)
- We got a furry new friend this week. Unfortunately, though they seemed alright with each other when we introduced them, the transition to being a two-cat household hasn’t been as smooth as we’d hoped. This guy really needs a good home, though, so I’m hoping we’re all able to work it out.
- This week I got a Liebster Award nomination, my second one! I’m not really into blogging awards because they feel too much like chain letters. But, even though I don’t like to tag people, I’ll still answer the questions because it’s fun. So that’ll be coming soon, and thanks for thinking of me!
- I finally deleted my personal Facebook account! Best. Decision. Ever.
- Something like “book club” or “read-along” sounds too official, but I’ve been thinking of announcing my next ITW Must-Read ahead of time in case anyone wants to join in. I’m currently reading Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca, which I’ll be writing about at the end of January.
Share some of your randomness this week!