Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I was going to continue talking about my TBR management system today, but I’m having a bit of writer’s block. Not in a I-don’t-know-what-to-write-about way (obviously), but in a can’t-put-words-together way. It’s really frustrating. So I’ve tabled that for now. Sorry.
(This isn’t the clip from this episode I wanted, but it’ll have to do.)
2. I’m not doing NaNoWriMo this year. I debated doing NaBloPoMo for the first time instead, but in the end I wasn’t really feeling that either. Thanks to #1 rearing its ugly head, I guess it’s probably a good thing I didn’t take on either of these challenges.
3. The Bears beat the Packers last night! Am I happy that Aaron Rodgers got hurt? No, of course not. But I am glad that, when handed an opportunity, the Bears were able to make the most of it. Both teams had injuries going in. Injuries are part of the game. But the Packers’ losing their starting quarterback put us on more of an equal footing… not only because we were already without our starting quarterback, but mostly because our defense has lost so many of its key players, some of them for the season, that they’ve been playing ridiculously bad. If the Packers’ backup was as comfortable in their offense as Josh McCown is in ours, the game probably wouldn’t have been as close as it was.
4. I was approved for two very exciting NetGalley ARCs this morning… exciting because they’re both books that were already on my TBR, from authors I already like, and published by a Big Six publisher! I’m a teeny tiny blogger! I don’t get approved by the Big Six! (Except that one time I did, and I was similarly freaked out about it, and then it turned out I didn’t like the book anyway.)
5. I know people usually make this a list of ten, but last time I only had five, and this time I’m kind of cheating by making the fact that I can’t even think of a fifth #5.
For more of my random thoughts – both bookish and not so bookish – you can follow me on Twitter if you don’t already. And thanks again to Christine for starting a meme that works so perfectly for my scattered brain right now.
Share some of your randomness this week!