The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. –From the Bout of Books team
- time spent reading: 2 hours (total so far: 5.5 hours)
- number of pages read: 211 (total so far: 466*)
- finished The Codex (total books read so far: 1)
- 17% through Tyrannosaur Canyon
* Yes, my total is less than my page count from yesterday. No, I didn’t read negative pages. Now that I’m done with my large print book (the only copy the library had for that title), I’m pretending that the 640 pages that I read were actually the 400 in the regular hardcover version. I know most people won’t care, but artificially enhancing my page count by over 200 just feels like cheating.
Also, I visited the following blogs…
- Alexa Loves Books
- Oh! Cakey Creativity
- Read. Sleep. Repeat.
- Curiosity Killed the Bookworm
- Storybook Chronicles
I feel like I slowed down a bit after finishing my first book this morning, but I guess you gotta take the lulls as they come. And anyway, I’m still on target for my goals. Bring on Day Three!