Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous that works well for my scattered mind.
- My birthday is on Sunday. For some reason I’m way more down about turning 31 than I was about turning 30.
- I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past last weekend. I love a good time travel story, but now I have so many unanswered questions!
- My first time using Rafflecopter went about as smoothly as possible. I wasn’t sure how it would all work, but I was easily able to see everyone’s responses and verify entries as they came in, so I wasn’t stuck doing it all at once at the end… only to discover when it came time to choose winners that I didn’t have to verify everyone, because I have the option of disqualifying a winner after they’re picked, so I could have just checked the winning entries as they came up. Oh well, live and learn. I sent out the books to the winners this week, and all but one have arrived, so I hope my winners are enjoying their books!
- I got tagged on a new meme this week: The Book Blogger Test. I haven’t answered all the questions yet, but it’s on the schedule for next week.
- I hate when closed-minded people judge adults who read YA. Not only is it crap – seriously, how does people reading what they enjoy affect you in any way? – but the inevitable backlash leads me to feeling like I need to defend my own tastes. Just remember, there are those of us out there who legitimately don’t care for YA… not because it’s “for kids” and we’re being judgey, but because we have tried it and just don’t enjoy most of the tropes you see throughout YA. There are exceptions, sure, but on the whole? Not my thing… and that’s okay too!
- The ITW monthly newsletter came out, and included was a behind-the-scenes look at the collaborative stories of FaceOff. I’m really excited for this one!
- Earlier this week I talked all about my adventure in Iowa City. I added a picture of Tif and myself the following day, though, so in case you missed it…
Share some of your randomness this week!